"How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!" -Romans 10:15

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thursday

It is hard to believe that tomorrow is our last day here. The week sure went fast! I am sure it will be tough to say goodbye, but hopefully we will see our new friends again someday. Tomorrow we will have our last day of camp, a celebration with the parents and then a "staff party" for all of the American and Slovak Helpers. We will also evaluate the week to discuss strengths and weaknesses of this week to use for future camps. Today was another successful day!

We has special "angels" today. Each person at the camp, drew a name of someone else out of a basket. That person was your angel and you had to come up with something special for that person. It could be a gift, hug, special gesture. Just something thoughtful. Dane was Mitch's angel and he made him a fishing pole with craft materials (with a worm on the hook and all)!
Ela is one of our students this week. She drew Marc's name and wrote him a sweet note and gave him a special gift that she made.


We were also able to enjoy the town a little this evening.


Several of us also got to go rafting down a river near Banska. It was quite an adventure.

4 comments:

  1. What a great time you are all having. God is good!
    Mitch & Lindsay, We miss you so much. Dottie is watching for you to come home.
    Dane, what a perfect gift for Mitch....you know him!
    Christy and Chad, thank for keeping the blog. It is truly a blessing to me.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a joy to see your smiling faces! May God bless you all in every way, and the work you are doing for His service.

    We love you always, VMVMVM!

    Mama and Pop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this and thought about you all. What a wonderful mission you are doing.
    Shirley

    People can’t believe in Jesus
    If the gospel they don’t hear,
    So we must proclaim its message
    To the world—both far and near. —Sper
    Those rescued from sin are best able to rescue those in sin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey From South Asia! I am just now able to get internet and see what you all have been up to. It is so wonderful to see work going on all around the world and know that it is all to the glory of God. I am glad that you all have been able to have such a great time there sharing God's Word. I told my girls the other day that my brother was in Slovakia. I showed them on a map that we have where that is. My girls have been praying for you as have I. I can not wait to hear all about your trip when I return home.

    Please tell Scott that I said hello and that I will see him in less than a week! Prayers From South Asia.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete